Third chakra: everything you need to know
An interiorized symbol of solar energy, the third chakra or Manipura is the seat of the Ego and our self. Through it we can affirm our individuality and exercise our free will to build our own life.
Third chakra: what to know
The 3rd chakra concentrates strength, optimism, and ambition. It is the light put on our thoughts, our words and our actions. It governs our ability to oppose a categorical refusal: our “yes” becomes a true yes and our “no”, firm and relevant, imposes respect.
This chakra is located at the level of the solar plexus, so it concerns the group of organs placed under the diaphragm: from the stomach to the pancreas. it is about our personal energy, which is why this chakra is very sensitive to tensions and emotions.
Manipura is at the hinge between two planes of consciousness: the so-called inferior personality related to survival, food, procreation and egoic impulses and the superior personality that expresses itself in the radiance towards others. It is then the sun that warms and guides others by its light. It is at this moment that the triangle pointing downwards turns to point towards the chakra of the heart.
When our third chakra is slowed down, we consider that we are less important, less remarkable than the others. We erase ourselves, we accept the unacceptable, we always leave our place to another or do not fully occupy ours. We suffer from a lack of confidence, we are shy, timid, often embarrassed or we blush easily.
How to unlock the energy of the third chakra?
An unbalanced solar chakra can be recharged and harmonized in different ways. Here are two methods to do so.
Activate the will, change the habits
Do different things. If you do not move, initiate your body to movement. Conversely, if you are hyperactive, stay still. To break repetitive patterns is to challenge yourself, and to overcome them will strengthen your self-confidence. Start a small step and what may seem like a small challenge for one will seem like a mountain for the other. Do things at your own rythm, but get out of your comfort zone. You will discover magical aspects of life.
If the efforts are too intense and require too much energy, then visualize yourself succeeding without effort your challenges and the achievement of your goals. Also remember to reactivate your lower chakras.
It is an exercise from the book of Anodea Judith, it can be very liberating and release the anger, being linked to the feeling of injustice, or the way we managed certain situations:
- Stand upright with your feet firmly planted in the floor and your heels apart by about 50 cm. Raise your arms above your head, hands clasped.
- Bow your back slightly.
- When emitting the “Ah” sound, lower the upper part of your body, bringing your hands between your legs. The movement must be fast and continuous, and you must put as much force as possible. Repeat the exercise five to six times, feeling the energy in the upper part of your body.
You may also like:
- First chakra: everything you need to know
- Second chakra: everything you need to know
- Fourth chakra: everything you need to know
- Fifth chakra: everything you need to know
- Sixth chakra: everything you need to know
- Seventh chakra: everything you need to know
- Prithvi: everything you need to know