Pantone Color 2020: how to use it according to Feng Shui
Spoiler alert: classic blue is the Pantone Color 2020. The company is known for its color matching system that chooses a color each year as a trend. The color for next year is indicated by the number 19-4052 on Pantone’s color chart. Blue has always been a classic color which conveys confidence, tranquility, protection and connection.
According to Feng Shui, the blue chosen by Pantone is dark blue, almost indigo, very close to navy blue, which is the shade of blue used to harmonize the Labor Guá and may influence career, profession and work.
In the symbolism of colors, in its deepest essence, blue conveys calm, harmony and peace. The dark blue symbolizes the depths of the waters of the sea, the wisdom, the power of intuition and the unconscious.
Therefore, we can say that blue, very well chosen by Pantone, brings the connection of the energy of work with spirituality and intuition. If you still not hearing your inner voice, it’s time to try this blue in your home and promote energy change.
How to use Pantone Color 2020 in your home
Despite all the symbology, blue is often translated as a cool color in the decoration. If blue is occupying all the walls of a room, or if it is prevalent in the ambience of the whole house, it can bring on the sensation of cold color with an energy of introspection and a certain melancholy.
If this is the case, the energy can be balanced by using warm colors like yellow, orange, red on curtains, rugs, pillows, frames for example. Another option is to include furniture and wooden objects and improve lighting to heat up the vibration of the environment.
If you want to include blue in the painting, we suggest you starting with just one wall, which can be behind a sofa or behind the headboard. For the less daring, try to choose frames that have a palette of blue tones, but in which the tone of Classic Blue prevails.
It’s important to include at least one painting, an object, or small furniture like a side table or a small bookshelf with the tone of classic blue to bring the energy somehow to your home. You should do it in the office, your home entrance, your room, places where you can look everyday to the color and remember the energy of work connected with intuition and spirituality.
How to use Pantone Color 2020 to call up Feng Shui
- In the living room: a rug can look pretty. Or even the couch or the sofa cushions;
- In the bedroom: may be the wall behind the headboard. Or it may be the color of the new curtain;
- In the service area or kitchen: you can include a vase or fruit bowl of this color. Or a chalkboard that has blue in the background with an inspiring phrase;
- In the corridor: a part of the wall with this shade of blue, halfway down for example (as long as it is not a very narrow and narrow corridor). Frames with watercolors in shades of blue, prevailing the tone of classic blue;
- In the bathroom or toilet: can be in accessories such as liquid soap holder, hand towels;
- At the home office: can be the color of a bookcase or shelf;
- At the entrance of the house: can be the color of the door or a picture in the hall.
You may also like:
- Feng Shui colors for 2020: get to know how to use them
- Feng Shui items: their symbolism and use
- Chromotherapy: colors to balance physical and emotional vibrations