Do you know your Birth Runes?
Birth Runes come from the original Runes. They are like a lighthouse that can light you up whenever you need during your life course. To find out your Birth Runes, stay with us and read this article.
Receive all our tips by email!
Love Astrology? Subscribe Now and Receive Exclusive Content!
Birth Runes: what are they?
The traditional oracle of the Scandinavian people is called Runes. It is a set of 24 symbols that at the same time was an alphabet for communication, also had magical powers of divination.
Each rune carries a deep meaning and when you access this oracle, you have direct and accurate information for the question you want to solve or the current moment of your life.
Birth Runes are different. They are unique and personal runes, tied to your destiny and determined according to your birth. Face the birth runes as fairy godmothers who bless you and will always protect you no matter what.
Knowing your birth runes will help you to make difficult decisions when you least expect it. Especially those that arrive as a simple problem but unfold in much greater things. Like an iceberg, for example. Navigating through the layers of the problem will be easier.
Birth Runes: the origins
Nordic mythology says that every time a child is born, Nornir and Dissir (who are Goddesses and spirits of time) weave all aspects of his/her destiny, including the good and the bad.
Compared with the astrology we know, they would be like the planets and the stars, which determine traits of our personality, according to the position that they are when we are born.
The Norse still reveal the importance of the cycles of Sunna and Manni (the Sun and the Moon) through the sky in the writing of our destiny.
Birth Runes: how to calculate
There are a few ways to calculate your birth runes, some that even include your birth chart analysis. The most common are the tables that calculate your solar birth rune and your birth hour rune. Compared with our astrology, these runes could be considered as our Sun sign and our Rising sign.
The runic half-months (solar rune)
We know that the set of runes is composed of 24 symbols. Dividing the 12 months of the year for them, we see that each rune governs half a month. The data below were taken from the table of Nigel Pennick’s, a well-known runic astrologer.
- Fehu: 29th June – 14th July 7.5-22.5 degrees Cancer;
- Uruz: 14th July – 29th July 22.5 degrees Cancer to 7.5 degrees Leo;
- Thurisaz: 29th July – 13th August. 7.5-22.5 degrees Leo;
- Ansuz: 13th August – 29th August. 22.5 degrees Leo – 7.5 degrees Virgo;
- Raidho: 29th August – 13th September. 7.5-22.5 degrees Virgo;
- Kenaz: 13th September – 28th September 22.5 degrees Virgo – 7.5 degrees Libra;
- Gebo: 28th September – 13th October 7.5-22.5 degrees Libra;
- Wunjo: 13th October – 28th October 22.5 degrees Libra – 7.5 degrees Scorpio;
Hagalaz: 28th October – 13th November 7.5-22.5 degrees Scorpio;
- Nauthiz: 13th November – 28th November 22.5 degrees Scorpio – 7.5 degrees Sagittarius;
- Isa: 28th November – 13th December 7.5-22.5 degrees Sagittarius;
- Jera: 13th December – 28th December 22.5 degrees Sagittarius – 7.5 degrees Capricorn;
- Eihwaz: 28th December – 13th January 7.5-22.5 degrees Capricorn;
- Perthro: 13th January – 28th January 22.5 degrees Capricorn – 7.5 degrees Aquarius;
- Algiz: 28th January – 13th February 7.5-22.5 degrees Aquarius;
- Sowilo: 13th February – 27th February 22.5 degrees Aquarius – 7.5 degrees Pisces;
- Teiwaz: 27th February – 14th March 7.5-22.5 degrees Pisces;
- Berkano: 14th March – 30th March 22.5 degrees Pisces – 7.5 degrees Aries;
- Ehwaz: 30th March – 14th April 7.5-22.5 degrees Aries;
- Mannaz: 14th April – 29th April 22.5 degrees Aries – 7.5 degrees Taurus;
- Laguz: 29th April – 14th May 7.5-22.5 degrees Taurus;
- Ingwaz: 14th May – 29th May 22.5 degrees Taurus – 7.5 degrees Gemini;
- Othala: 29th May – 14th June 7.5-22.5 degrees Gemini;
- Dagaz: 14th June – 29th June 22.5 degrees Gemini – 7.5 degrees Cancer
The runic hours (birth hour rune)
As the 24 runes are equivalent to 24 hours a day, the division is perfect and each rune rules one hour. To know your birth hour rune, just find your birth time in the list below.
- 23:30-00:30 – Jera;
- 00:30-01:30 – Eihwaz;
- 01:30-02:30 – Perthro;
- 02:30-03:30 – Algiz;
- 03:30-04:30 – Sowilo;
- 04:30-05:30 – Teiwaz;
- 05:30-06:30 – Berkano;
- 06:30-07:30 – Ehwaz;
- 07:30-08:30 – Mannaz;
- 08:30 – 09:30 Laguz;
- 09:30-10:30 – Inguz;
- 10:30-11:30 – Dagaz;
- 11:30-12:30 – Othala;
- 12:30-13:30 – Fehu;
- 13:30-14:30 – Uruz;
- 14:30-15:30 – Thurisaz;
- 15:30 – 16:30 – Ansuz;
- 16:30-17:30 – Raidho;
- 17:30-18:30 – Kenaz;
- 18:30-19:30 – Gebo;
- 19:30-20:30 – Wunjo;
- 20:30-21:30 – Hagalaz;
- 21:30-22:30 – Nauthiz;
- 22:30-23:30 – Isa.
You may also like:
- See the runes for this year and find out how it will be for you
- Interpretation of Runes: get to know how to cast this oracle
- Origins of the Runes: History and Mythology
- Love Runes: get to know secrets about your love life
- Viking Runes: the oracle of Gods
- Oracles: the most famous of them all
- Oracle of Delphi: everything you need to know
- Premonition: everything you need to know