How to unlock the second chakra, Swadhisthana
The sacred chakra is located between the pubis and the navel. To unlock the second chakra means providing an energy balance that fuels bodily functions in relation to the fluids in our body: circulation, elimination through the urine, sexuality, reproduction, as well as the specific properties of water (absence of shape, flow, fluidity).
How can we unlock the second chakra?
- Sanskrit name: Swadhisthana;
- Meaning: self-residence;
- Location: just above the pubic bone, at the level of the sacrum;
- Color: Orange.
The sacred chakra is the center of sexual energy, of reproduction, but also of the relations of power, affection or sexuality of human beings.
This chakra is the source of vitality of the etheric body; it governs love, friendship, sexuality.
Here are the signs of an under active chakra:
- You are in a comfort zone that leaves little room for novelty;
- You stop playing because you have more important things to do;
- Your creativity is buried under a down to earth to do list (like libido);
- You have recurrent urinary tract infections, or lower back pain;
- Everything is planned. Spontaneity has no place.
How to unlock it
- Kneel down, keeping your spine straight and relaxed.
- Place your hands on your thighs, palms facing up, one on top of the other. Left hand down, palm touching fingers of right hand. Let your thumbs touch slightly.
- Focus on your sacred chakra, and its deep meaning. Focus on your sacrum.
- Silently, but in a sufficiently clear manner, begin to emit the “Vam” sound.
- Meanwhile, allow yourself to relax, while continuing to think about your chakra, what it means and how it changes (and how you would like it to change) your life.
- Continue this exercise until you feel completely relaxed. Normally, once this exercise is finished, you should feel “clean”, “pure”.
Why should you unlock the second chakra?
When you manage to open the sacred chakra, your feelings are free, you will easily express them when you feel moved. You won’t have any problems with sexuality.
Furthermore, the quality of our romantic relationships is deeply linked to this chakra. This also applies to the value we give to moments of relaxation and pleasure. Without falling into a hedonism without limit, we can however choose to take time to do what gives us pleasure.
On the other hand, if it isn’t very active, or closed, you will tend to be not very emotional, even impassive, and you will only open very little to others.
Finally, if it is hyperactive, you will tend to be sensitive or emotional all the time.
The chakra of childhood
The emotions guided by this chakra are directly linked to your childhood, to what you experienced as interactions, in particular with your parents. It is also called the chakra of innocence.
So, if you were raised in a rigid environment where feelings were not expressed much, it is likely that you are uncomfortable with your emotions and the display of affection.
Perhaps you have already been told that you are someone cold or distant? The lack of contact and caresses from your parents can also be the reason why your feelings remain buried.
You may also like:
- Stones for the 2nd chakra: how to choose them
- Pineal gland activation: how to do it and enjoy the benefits
- Aura cleansing ritual: why you should do it