Wedding day superstitions, omens and folklore
There are many wedding day superstitions, omens and folklore. Some of them you probably already know, but we bet that some of them are completely new for you!
And if you are one of those people that want to go by the book, then you need to learn these wedding day superstitions, omens and folklore.
12 wedding day superstitions, omens and folklore you need to know
1. If the bride dreams on her wedding day, she will have good luck.
2. It is a sign of good luck to see a black cat, a sneezing cat or a rainbow on your wedding day.
3. It is a sign of bad luck for the groom to see the bride in her wedding attire before the wedding ceremony.
4. The bride will have good luck if she throws away bread as a symbol of throwing away her troubles. Better than that is for every piece of bread she gives to the poor on her way to the wedding, a misfortune will be averted.
5. It is a sign of bad luck for the bride to drop her handkerchief while entering or exiting the carriage.
6. It is seen as a sign of bad luck spotting an open grave on the way to her wedding.
7. If the bride or groom see a cross laying on the ground before or after the wedding, they will have a cross to bear, but if they see a hanging cross they will have a blessed marriage.
8. It is seen as a sign of good luck for a bride to cry on her wedding day. This means that all sorrows are washed away leaving room for only happiness.
9. In old Roman times, it was believed that June was the best month to marry, that it would bring prosperity for the groom and happiness for the bride. This is due to the fact that Juno, the wife of Jupiter, was the goddess of marriage and the patroness of youth that was celebrated at this time of the year.
10. Rain on the wedding day is seen in some cultures as a blessing to the ceremony and to the couple and in others it is seen as the tears of the ex-boyfriends.
11. It is good luck for the bride if a cat sneezes in front of her in her wedding day.
12. If you see a spider crawling in your wedding day, it is a sign of good luck.
You may also like:
- Animal omens and signs
- Dream interpretation: a door to self-knowledge
- Take our Spirit Animal quiz to find yours
- What are the akashic records and how can we access them?
- Spirit Animal meaning: get to know more
- Akai ito, the legend of the red thread