Learn about essential oils for the Manipura chakra
Essential oils have surprising biochemical and subtle qualities (energetic or vibratory). These attributes allow you to connect with the chakras and tone them. Here we will see the most recommended essential oils for the Manipura chakra.
The third chakra Manipura (solar plexus)
The Manipura chakra, in Sanskrit, is the third energy center also known as the solar plexus chakra since it is located below the base of the sternum and above the navel.
This chakra is the center of will and personal power. Herein lies our confidence and self-esteem. It is through the solar plexus that we view ourselves as individuals in the rest of the world and evaluate how the world looks at us. Some people equate the solar plexus with the ego.
The solar plexus chakra also governs digestion and associated organs such as the stomach, small and large intestines, spleen, pancreas, liver, and gallbladder.
Due to the connection to the digestive tract, imbalances in the solar plexus often manifest in digestive problems such as constipation, diarrhea, ulcers, stomach, intestinal, liver discomfort and diabetes.
The dysfunction can also be expressed in eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia, food addiction, and emotional dependence on comfort foods.
Manipura chakra essential oils
According to the properties and attributes of each essential oil they can be combined knowing also the energetic, emotional, mental, and physical attributes of the chakra.
For each individual, it may be different depending on how the imbalance in that particular chakra manifests itself in a certain person. All this, the mixtures and their way of application should be seen by a therapist specializing in aromatherapy.
It is also important to know that Manipura is often related to other chakras. Thus, imbalances in other chakras must also be taken into account.
Here is a list of essential oils of the solar plexus chakra:
- Black pepper (piper nigrum): excellent for alleviating negative feelings. Helps calm stressful emotions.
- Eternal (heliochrysum italicum): has antiphlebitic, anti bruising, anticoagulant, mucolytic and antispasmodic properties. Warm, sweet and earthy scent helps create an inspiring experience.
- Fennel (foeniculum vulgare): very suitable in case of digestive problems or loss of appetite. It tones the respiratory system, ideal for people suffering from asthma. It is also useful in case of irregular menstruation or for the discomforts of menopause.
- German chamomile (feverfew recutita): with anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties. It is very effective against skin inflammations, digestive tract and respiratory tract.
- Ginger (zingiber officinale): has properties as a digestive tonic, as well as being an aphrodisiac.
- Grapefruit (citrus x paradisi): it is a recognized antiseptic. In addition, its fresh scent promotes relaxation.
- Juniper (juniperus communis): it is ideal against fluid retention. It is also very useful against cellulite problems and urinary infections.
- Neroli (citrus aurantium): among its many properties it is useful to promote good circulation, a healthy metabolism and support the immune system. It also helps regulate blood pressure. It is antiseptic, disinfectant, antispasmodic, bactericidal, antidepressant and sedative.
- Peppermint (mentha piperita): very effective for nausea, gastroenteritis and difficult digestion. It is also good for hangovers and migraines.
- Tea tree (melaleuca alternifolia): excellent antiseptic, it is useful for all types of infections and for persistent sore throats and mouth infections.
- Ylang Ylang (cananga ordorata): helps to tone the body, useful in case of fatigue, especially sexual fatigue. It is also a good natural remedy in case of tachycardia or hypertension as it helps regulate the heart rate.
Most essential oils of the solar plexus chakra remove negative energy and provide positive energy.