Family karma: what it is and how to get rid of it
Karma, from the Sanskrit कर्म, literally means “action”. As a term, it is used in several philosophical and spiritual currents, such as Buddhism, Hinduism and Spiritism. Today we are going to understand its essence and what the little-discussed concept of family karma means.
Family karma: what would it be?
One idea that is intrinsically linked to karma is family karma. It has a really genetic characteristic, as it passes from generation to generation. Often a characteristic of ours is not of our past life, but of our parents. How is this possible?
Well, even if we are healthy spiritual beings, if we have spiritually ill parents, these evils can also contaminate us. Parents who have been abused, traumatized and living in trouble, can – even unintentionally – pass these negatives onto our future lives.
So, when we don’t have a good relationship with our parents, we are much more likely to inherit family karma from them. In this way, we resolve and help them to reincarnate more and more in more propitious and harmonic environments.
How do I know if I have family karma?
Well, we all have at least some family karma. This does not always mean that karma is bad. Often our family’s karma is so positive that actions in our future lives make us evolve much faster as beings of light.
However, when you carry heavier karma from past families, some symptoms are the most common. Among them, we can highlight:
- You find yourself much more sensitive with your family and may even feel patterns in your ancestors that go – and repeat themselves – in your parents.
- Strange discussions or events within the family will involve you in most cases, because your family energy and your karma are in constant dialogue.
- You feel heavy and with many responsibilities. This is extremely normal, since your subconscious needs you to evolve and consolidate the familiar karma of your life, either to relive them in later lives or to say goodbye to them.
- You feel different. Many people even say that they think they are adopted, since they are so different. This phenomenon is explained by the level of spiritual maturation towards the family. There is a great distance between you and your mind and that of your family. Sometimes you need to learn how to disconnect from your old family and carry out your current mission in turn.
- High spiritual development. You have, even in your countenance, a spiritual aura that pleases those who love you. Your mind is more connected with the questions of spiritualism and you feel better prepared to discuss various subjects that go beyond human understanding.
Family karma: how to get rid of it
However, many times we have already evolved as beings of kindness and love, but we are not yet free of this family karma, which even seems to trap us on the earth plane.
Traumas from past lives always pass through the generations and reach their current parents. That is, your relationship with them will never be totally perfect. In order to get away from this family karma, it is necessary to reflect on the reasons, a return to the past and an explanation of the things that happened.
When you see yourself as the owner of yourself and with the autonomy of being in your hands, you will realize that you should not be taking care of your family’s unresolved problems, but of your mind as a being that will soon pass the borders of the plan light.
Karma: plural views
According to Hinduism, karma is the result of our actions during our earthly lives. When we die, it begins to develop within us, within our soul. As time goes by, it begins to show itself and moves on to the next reincarnations.
In Buddhism, the action of karma is seen above all as our intentions, that is, as what motivates us to take action, be it good or bad. They have consequences and, as an intention, they are also responsible for our will, our life link, our desire to keep us alive.
Karma in Spiritism
Nowadays, one of the most accepted definitions of karma is found in spiritism. When we reincarnate, we automatically take karma with us. This is the consequences and needs of our actions, related to the previous life. If we have had a life of many problems and disagreements, we tend to reincarnate in a family with the same problems, so that we can heal and, in the future, reach the complete spiritual plane.
You may also like:
- Karmic contracts and how to break them
- 14 affirmations to attract love that you can use today
- Spells for love: which one do you need?