8 rituals for Spring Equinox: bloom with the nature
Rituals for Spring Equinox are magic! The Spring Equinox is the day to go back to the light after a long winter on a deep journey to your inner underworld.
The Spring, or Vernal Equinox, starts in the Northern Hemisphere on the 19th March in the North Hemisphere, and on the 22nd September on the South Hemisphere. It’s the date when night and day have almost the same hours, and from that day on the nights get smaller, and the hours of sun increase. It brings the flowers in peaceful and calming tones, remembering us that there is always a moment to try again.
This particular period ignites a desire for renewal and new beginnings, reason why many people greet Spring with some rituals to welcome change, growth, revitalization, and renewal.
It represents a reborn, a new you that starts with more knowledge, and stronger, after the winter. Therefore, that’s exactly what you want to celebrate. A new life, a new opportunity, a time to bloom.
Find out more about the energy of this event and the rituals you can do to make it memorable!
Receive all our tips by email!
Love Astrology? Subscribe Now and Receive Exclusive Content!
8 great rituals for Spring Equinox
Rituals for Spring Equinox are directly connected to the energy of the season.
Moreover, the Spring Equinox has been celebrated since ancient times. In many cultures, it’s represented by a goddess, which can be called Ostara. Ostara is the goddess of fertility, love, and rebirth, from the Anglo-Saxon, Nordic, and Germanic mythologies. She represents the nature within yourself, and the capacity to start over. Furthermore, she also represents the arrival of abundance, after the cold winter.
Therefore, most of the rituals are connected to sexuality, passion, and most of all, to a new start. In all rituals, connect to these energies, and to make it easier, you can connect to the goddess Ostara, and even have some visual representation of her.
Rituals for Spring Equinox – Rise with the Sun
For those of us who approach things with a strong sense of spirituality, the awareness of the seasons and the movements of the Sun and other stars are quite important.
One of the main rituals for Spring Equinox is to rise with the sun intentionally once a week. This can be done as a meditative ritual – a Sun salutation – or simply to say thank you for your life and for everything that Sun brings – warmth, light, colour, life.
Connect with your creativity and sexuality
Creativity and sexuality are intimately connected! To live positive, sacred sexuality is a strong way to boost your creativity. We guarantee you this is a key element for happiness and abundance.
Due to that, and because sexuality is linked to negative emotions and feelings, you can work on it as our ancestors did. For instance, a great way to do it is through dance!
You can do this ritual alone or in a group, and inside or in nature.
- Set up an altar with seasonal fruits and candles (if you do it outside and you have a fireplace is also perfect);
- Put on some red clothes or props;
- Sit and meditate. Connect to your root chakra and connect to the earth;
- Put on music related to the element of fire and dance;
- After some time dance, sit again, and connect to what you have felt while you were moving your body;
- Conclude it by eating fruits, and if you are in a group, by sharing it among everyone.
There are many meditations you can do. We suggest one out of two. You can either just focus on your breath for about ten minutes, or you can make a grounding meditation. Simply, it consists of you picturing yourself connected to the earth, giving and receiving energy from it.
To summarize, this is a very releasing ritual. After the longs months, while your body feels quieter, it needs to wake up. That awakening will set your energy free and link you to the creative potential that lives in all of us.
Plant some seeds
Planting is an act full of meaning. If you’re always planting negative seeds such as, “I probably won’t get the job”, how can you expect abundance to sprout up in your life?
Plant the seeds that you hope to blossom. You can use plants as a physical reminder of your journey, namely:
- Beautiful flowers;
- Cooking herbs;
- Edible vegetables;
- Drought tolerant succulents;
- A tree you’ll nurture over the years.
Focus yourself on a new start
This ritual is quite simple, but it is important, and everyone should do it. It covers gratitude, teachings, and hope. Consequently, it improves your well-being and sets a positive vibe into your life.
Follow the steps and check out it works for you.
You’ll need your altar (if you don’t have one, some candles and seasonal fruits are perfect and enough), flowers, a glass of water, paper, and a pen.
- Set up a calm space for you, if possible without interruptions;
- Sit on the floor with all of the materials;
- Take a few moments with closed eyes and focus on your breathing;
- Think about your goals and your life a year from now, and write down the most important aspects;
- Close your eyes, and take a few deep breaths. Ask yourself about three things: lessons learned, accomplishments, and what is still important:
- Write it all down! You’ll notice, some things might not be important anymore. Those are the things that died during the winter and no longer serve you in your life.
- Take a moment to feel grateful for everything that no longer serves you in your life;
- Smile and feel gratitude to yourself for all your accomplishments:
- Look again at the lessons and be thankful for all your growth during this time;
- Now you’ll write down what you want for your future;
- Keep the flowers close to you, and place the glass of water in front of you. Place your hands above the glass of water and while you review your plans and ideas, send a vibration of strength and confidence from your hands to the water;
- Drink the water, and place the flowers in a place of your house that reminds you of this ritual.
Sometimes, we want to move on to the next chapter without acknowledging the past. In this ritual, by steps, you pass through different stages that will translate into a more conscious transition.
Clean your house and your soul
Spring cleanings don’t need to be limited to your home though. However, if you need to do a deep de-cluttering, why shouldn’t you do it?
As you head towards Spring, you should face your deepest fears or ghosts, keeping in mind that you are starting a new path, a fresh start. Meditate daily, be in peace with yourself and with your past.
Rituals for Spring Equinox – To do with your kids
Rituals can also play an important role in kids’ lives. They need to learn about the cycles of nature, and how it influences us.
It’s a great moment to do a ritual with them, focused on gratitude and creativity.
You’ll need boiled eggs and painting.
- Start by sitting with your kid or kids, and do a small meditation just focusing on your breath;
- After that, set up a conversation about what are you grateful for. Let them talk, be expressive, and don’t use negative expressions about their feelings. Through questions, help them deepen their ideas;
- Explain a little bit about the cycles of nature, and how everything is starting over again. Always give them space to question and imagination;
- While you paint the eggs, explain how abundance is also in our positivity, and that the eggs will symbolize it;
- You can ask them about their dreams and projects;
- Keep the painted eggs in a visible place to remind you and them about your gratitude and dreams for the future.
When talking about abundance, consider how will you refer to it. Remember that abundance is much more than money, or materialistic things. Love, joy, opportunities, to play, are all signs of abundance as well.
Enjoy the rituals for spring equinox and remember to bloom like the flowers outside!
You can write or express out loud your dreams or you can simply write your goals for the season. What values are you hoping to align yourself with? What desires are you following? Intention setting isn’t just for the New Year.
Rituals for Spring Equinox – Spread love
One of the well-know rituals for Spring Equinox is to spread love. And how can you do this? Play outside, watch the sunrise and sunset, giggle, hug, dream, write.
Do everything that makes you feel good and send your positive energy and love for others and to the world.